(Last update: AUGUST 31, 2017)
1. Data collected
a. Personal data
Joynit collects personal data when registering a User with the App and when the App asks Users for permission to access information contained in their mobile phone.
Users’ personal data collected by Joynit are the following:
- Last name and first name;
- Date of birth;
- Email address used for registration;
- Home and/or work address, if applicable; and
- Phone number.
The personal data that the App collects on request and authorization includes the following:
- Contacts of the User’s mobile directory;
- Mobile phone calendar;
- Geolocation data; and
- Photos saved in the mobile phone.
Joynit collects data indirectly when the User uses the Website and/or the App.
Data collected indirectly by Joynit are the following:
- Outings organized by Users;
- Outings attended by Users;
- Locations of outings;
- Photos uploaded onto the App, which are then stored on Joynit’s servers;
- Messages sent via the App (i.e. within the App, and from the App using email, mobile phone messages, WhatsApp, or Facebook); and
- People that Users have added and with whom they have connected as a “Joyner” (i.e. Users connected on the App).
Joynit may combine the collected data with information that Joynit obtains from other sources for the purposes described below.
Cookies are small text files containing a chain of characters sent to the mobile phone and/or the computer used to access the Website and the App.;
Joynit uses three types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies enabling use of the Website and/or the App (e.g. accessing the Website and/or the App, User access to his/her account);
- Operational cookies that memorize the choices and settings made by the User (e.g. inserted identifiers, the addition by the User of other Users as Joyners, creation and sharing of content); and
- Third-party cookies enabling the improvement and performance of the App (e.g. searches for addresses in the email or Facebook contact lists enabling Users to find people they wish to invite to the App and add as Joyners).
The User can find information on how to disable these cookies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users can manage cookies via their browser settings. Joynit draws Users’ attention to the impact a refusal of cookies may have on the operation of the Website and/or the App.
2. The legal basis for the processing of personal data by Joynit
The processing of personal data by Joynit is based on the implementation of the General Terms and Conditions of Use entered into between Joynit and the Users which allow the use of the Website and the App by Users.
3. Purposes of the use of personal data
Users’ personal data is used by Joynit for:
- Operation of the website and/or the App;
- Configuring the App according to each User’s preferences;
- Replying to Users’ requests;
- Creating and sharing content created on the App;
- Notifying Users of any changes or updates made to the Website or the App;
- Conducting polls, surveys and audience measurement to improve the Website and/or the App;
- Implementing help or technical support requested by the User;
- Producing statistics;
- Conducting targeted advertising;
- Conducting marketing of similar products or services offered by Joynit.
Joynit’s authorized personnel as well as its processors, involved in the provision of services to the User, are likely to be the recipients of the personal data collected by Joynit.
Insofar as permitted under regulations, Joynit is likely to communicate the User’s personal data to third parties. In the event of such communication, You will have rights in this regard, including the right to object and to rectify the data. In all circumstances, Joynit oversees protection of its Users’ privacy.
5. Personal data retention period
Personal data and other data collected are likely to be retained for the entire period of registration and use of the App, and for a further 5-year period as from the deletion of the User’s account.
Joynit will retain the Users’ personal data for a period not exceeding the duration of the User’s account on the App, increased by the applicable legal retention period.
6. Users’ rights
The accuracy of personal data uploaded to the Website and/or the App is the sole responsibility of Users.
Users have the necessary technical tools on the App to change, update or delete any information that concerns them.
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act and applicable regulations, Users have the right to access, rectify, delete, request the portability of their personal data and resctrict the processing of such data. Users have also the right to object to the processing of their personal data for legitimate reasons and to contact Joynit to define instructions for the processing of their personal data after their death.
Users may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
In order to exercise these rights, the User must write to email@example.com stating the purpose of his/her request and his/her contact details.
7. Security of data collected
Joynit implements appropriate security measures to protect the Users’ accounts as well as the data they enter therein.
The User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their usernames and/or passwords.
9. Contact us
Joynit endeavors to respect and maintain the security of the Users’ personal data. To this end, Joynit is at the disposal of Users to answer any requests and/or questions concerning the processing of personal data carried byJoynit.
Please send all requests and/or queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org